Pages

Friday 20 July 2012

5 Things I've learnt recently!

1. Appreciate your health.

 With my whole wrist injury escapade, I've realised that ever so often we forget how blessed we are to be healthy. I've never realised how much I actually depend on my left hand. Lol. Try buttoning your jeans using only one hand. So, with not being able to use my hand properly for more than 2 weeks now, I'm grateful that it is just a temporary glitch and that I'll be able to have full use of it in the near future.

2. Value your job 

 Last week I had a retrenchment scare. Lucky for me I was chosen to stay, but it could've gone the other way very easily. This also showed me that hard work pays off and always try to better your knowledge and skills, because even though it might not look like it now, it will defenitely be benificial to you in the future.

3. Always expect the unexpected

Ever so often we get comfortable with what we doing, our job, our way of living. To refer back to the retrenchment thing, I thought I was safe and that there was no chance of loosing my job, well unless I screwed up of course, and see how that changed in a space of a week. So for future I will simply expect the unexpected. It's more exciting like that anyway!

4. Learn to let go and don't hold yourself back

I stumbled across an interesting blogpost in this week and after reading it, it just made me realise that there is some things in life that you just have to embrace and move on. Read the post HERE.

5. Wear happy colours


In my last year at varsity I did a mini thesis on the effect of colour on a person's mood. Basically it stated  that we dress according to how we feel emotionially in terms of the colours of the garments and so on and so forth. I utilised the basics of this theory and changed it around. With everything going down recently I wasn't feeling as chirpy as I should, so I put on some stockings and shoes in happy colours and I felt my mood improve through out the day. Try it, I promise you will see the difference.

There you have it, my life lessons for the week. What have you learnt lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment