Pages

Thursday 19 April 2012

"City Girl" - POST Grad!




Graduation Day finally arrived, and off I went with my Black Sequined Dress, and Gorgeous Pink ankle strap stilettos in toe- TOATS EXCITE! 



Black Sequined dress - YDE, Shoes - My little secret (hehehe)


Ok so maybe the journey leading to my graduation was not as glam as the day of, but be sure all the perseverance and sacrifice totally paid off! The ceremony started off with the you-sh mundane speeches (sigh), but soon after we were graced with the presence of a delightful opera-like singer who also happened to be a fellow graduate, who belted out the tune of …Wait for it… I CAN GO THE DISTANCE… yes, the Hercules movie theme song, lol! Although I do admit, the words of the song are highly appropriate for the said occasion, I still found myself finding the humour in the event  organisers choosing this particular song from an animation movie to be sung to bunch of 21-50 year olds finally completing their studies. (Seriously?!)

Anyway I took this meaning quite personally and thought about how this song was appropriate for my life; going the distance. Not only venturing into the future and prospering academically, but venturing out for ‘the love of fashion’ as well. And let me add searching for the perfect outfit for this memorable occasion, definitely had me going the distance, it took me about a month to find grad attire, and it took me about 153km of driving back and forth, the Friday before, to attain it all. Ultimately, I feel a combination of the two, being success and fashion, would always prove going the distance, to be worth it. So I’ll leave you with this….

“And I won't look back, I can go the distance
 And I'll stay on track, no, I won't accept defeat
 It's an uphill slope, but I won't lose hope
 Till I go the distance, and my journey is complete”
…………….. Lyrics from the ‘Go The Distance’


Fellow graduates


Giggles and Glee
*CG

No comments:

Post a Comment