Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Blast from the past!

So I've been struggling to keep my blog updated with interesting stuff and my co-blogger has necglected her duties to help me out on a more regular basis, but nonetheless I had a pinch of inspiration while having a random chat with her on whatsapp the other day. In midst of talking about what we are going to do on Fathersday this past Sunday, I threw in the question: Name a tv programme from your youth, that u wish was back on tv. Hahahaha listen to me.."youth". Almost like she is a million years old. Anyhow she immediately answered. And being Jade she had to give more than one tv programme that she would love to see back on the black box. Here is what she had to say:

Brace Face 





The original Power Rangers with Jason and Tommy and Zac.




Obviously I couldn't just leave it at that, so I asked why she chose the abovementioned two programmes. First she was all weird and sceptical, because how is this relevant to the fathersday discussion that we just had. So, once I told her that it was for an upcoming blogpost, she gave a very descriptive answer...

Well I enjoyed braceface because it mirrored my embarrassing teenage situations at that time. Power rangers, because I enjoyed the fact that these ordinary teens were transported into extra ordinary superheroes by the touch of their watch and fought off evil alien type baddies, who would appear outta nowhere, in the community park! LOL, hearing my description now makes me wanna smack myself for being into that ridiculousness but it was sooo fascinating at the time!

Don't worry my friend, I shall not judge you. I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed The mighty morphin power rangers and remember re-enacting several scenes with my friends and cousins. I always transformed into the yellow ranger, Trini. Upon googling the original power rangers cast, I sadly discovered that the actress that played the original yellow power ranger, Trini, died in 2001 in a tragic car accident.

Ok back to more upbeat things, here is the two programmes I would love to catch a glimpse of again:

Moomin 


Sabrina the teenage witch


Why Moomin? Well it's a classic. It had these weird animal creature thingies. I remember it being awesome and I certainly never missed an episode. I would love to get my hands on episodes now, just to see if it is still as great as I remember it to be.I would like to see Sabrina again, because I used to be so fascinated by this teenager that can perform magic and about Salem the talking cat, that actually looks soooo fake now that I see pictures of him. Lol!

What programme takes you back and would you like to see again?







No comments:

Post a Comment