Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

There is a pinch of good in everyone!



After a night out, I discovered late Saturday morning that my purse was missing. I turned out the whole flat and didn't find it anywhere, so with a heavy heart I had to accept the fact that someone took it while I was having a ball of a time. I was sad and frustrated and happy all at the same time. Sad, that my favourite wallet with all it's contents: Driver's licence, ID book, bank card, etc, was now gone. Frustrated, because that means spending hours at home affairs and the traffic department. Happy, because at least I still had my phone and camera. I cancelled all my cards and I was delaying the home affairs part, planning on only doing it next week.

Suprise, surprise!!! My phone rings on Tuesday morning. It's a guy from Edgars, asking me if I am aware that my ID and driver's licence are there by them...

My reaction:

and then:


How on earth did it end up there?
The guy said he picked it up around the till area that morning...that must mean that the thieve, whoever he or she was dropped it there, so that it can be picked up by a staff member, so that I could get it back. Bizarre, I know!!! Immediately I thought of the wise words that was spoken to me on Saturday by the owner of Rendesvouz pub. He told me not to worry, there is good in everyone. Sometimes you only see the bad and you have to really dig to get to the good, but it is somewhere there... I guess he was right.

So to whoever took my purse, thank you for strategically making sure that I get the important things such as my ID and driver's licence back. Hope you bought yourself something rewarding with the hundred and odd rand that was in my purse. LOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment